Monday, March 11, 2013

Our day in the Dordogne - Montfort, Vitrac & Sarlat

More Photos - from our day in the Dordogne...

Yesterday I posted about our day out and about last week in the Dordogne.  The photos I used yesterday were from my phone  - I had some time today to upload my photos from my regular camera so wanted to share a bit more - such a gorgeous area!!

First are the little village of Montfort and walking toward the Chateau de Montfort









The Dordogne River




 As we were leaving the view looking from below the village toward the Castle.
Nearby Montfort is another village - Vitrac - also quite picturesque and quaint.


 Mayor's office in Vitrac

Another chateau as we headed out of Vitrac on the way to Sarlat

 Finally as we headed into Sarlat for lunch.

 Off season makes for very quiet streets!


 Fun signs...







Some non-traditional views of Sarlat....Painted doors







A super fun day for all - It was nice to just explore and have the freedom to move around without the crowds.  Not a lot was open - but definitely a great time to take photographs. I really just adore this area!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment - I love hearing from people!

Popular Posts