Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pessac Kids! - Fete d' Ecole, Fete du Cirque, & more!


 All of the Fetes! - Ecole, Cirque, Periscolaire...

So life has been a bit busy in our household lately!  The kids are still in school until July 5th - but it's winding down.  However, like in the States, every activity has it's end of year celebration - we have been busy the last few weeks preparing for these shows - not to mention of course - attending them.  At this point, we have 4 down, and one more to go!  Earlier in the month, I posted about my youngest daughter's Kermesse - this event started it off!

Just last weekend alone - we attended the End of Year Circus show for my middle daughter - (An aside here - France has these great Circus schools for kids! - It's very popular and many kids ages 6-12 participate in weekly classes and learn all kinds of tricks on the trapezes, wires, juggling, ball walking etc..)  My middle daughter decided she wanted to try this kind of class and had lots of fun!  Below are some photos from the show.  Some of these kids are very talented!











Another event that we attended last week, was also for my middle daughter...(she had quite the weekend with back to back shows!) - The End of Year show for the School enrichment program.  This program is the French equivalent of American Before & After care. However, there are also activities held during lunch. Keep in mind the kids in France get 2 hours at lunchtime...Combination of eating and recess or activities like these.  These kids choreographed, designed and created this adorable play....all about different Worlds of everyday life - (Sports, partiers, speeders, thinkers, dreamers etc...very creative and fun!  It was all narrated and put to music!  All the kids just look like they are having so much fun!





 Finally earlier this week was the Fete d'Ecole for the primary school - my 2 oldest daughters.  This was set up very similar to Kermesse at the Maternelle (Preschool).  It started with each class performing a dance number - my middle daughter's class did more traditional dancing - paying hommage to different countries in their dance.  My oldest had a modern dance - "Flash Mob" to LMFAO!  Each dance and costumes were figured out by the teachers.  Again - this was great as it was about an hour...and then we moved into the school yard for the carnival activities and food.  I love the fact that all of these events are held outside!








 Here one of the teachers is leading all the students in the equivalent of the Aluma Mater.  My kids spent a bit of time learning this song..but it was great to see all the kids sing!
 After all the dancing, it was off to the carnival...with game booths and all kinds of other fun activities.





Even my youngest enjoyed all the games.  It was so fun to just let the kids run around enjoying their evening of fun!

We have one more big event left...The big ballet Gala this weekend!  This year I only have one dancer in it - my youngest !  I know I'm not alone in end of year activities..I don't think it matters what culture you are from..when it involves kids - Life gets busy!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment - I love hearing from people!

Popular Posts